Greater Berea Missionary Baptist Church - Where we walk by faith and not by sight
RSS

Recent Posts

THE NAMES OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
THE PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
God's Plan Of Salvation

Categories

Salvation
The names of the Holy Spirit
The person of the Holy Spirit
powered by

My Blog

THE PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

THE PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT?

As we read Acts, we discover that the Holy Spirit played an indispensable role in the birthing of the Church (Acts 2:1-41), and in fact throughout the entire Book of Acts. And He still plays the same indispensable role in the life of the believer today. As Christians, it is important for us to understand who the Holy Spirit is, and the kind of help He gives us:

1. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD

The very first thing we must understand about the Holy Spirit is that He is indeed God. In Acts 5:3-4, we read: "Then Peter said, 'Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied TO THE HOLY SPIRIT . . . You have not lied to men BUT TO GOD' " (see also 2 Corinthians 3:17).
God has chosen to express Himself to mankind as Father, as Son, and as the Holy Spirit. These are three distinct Persons, yet the three are one.

2. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE PROMISE OF JESUS

''But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you" John 16:7.
After Jesus ascended to the throne of His Father, He kept His promise and sent the Holy Spirit to indwell the believer (John 14:17; 1 Corinthians 2:12; 3:16). And this promise is also for the believer today! On the Day of Pentecost, Peter boldly declared: " . . . you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children AND FOR ALL WHO ARE FAR OFF - for all whom the Lord our God will call'' Acts 2:38-39(read also John 14:16, 26; 15:26).

3. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE VOICE OF GOD

"While they were worshipping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, 'Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them' '' Acts 13:2.

While Jesus was on the earth, He gave His disciples directives through His own audible voice. When He left, He sent the Holy Spirit to fulfill this same ministry "for ever'' (John 14:16) - now on a far wider scale. The Holy Spirit can speak to our hearts at any time and at any place (see also Acts 10:19-20; 16:6; Romans 8:14; Revelation 3:13).

15 Comments to THE PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT:

Comments RSS
Custom writing on Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:58 PM
Nice post!! Wow!! This is something I ‘ve been searching for for a while.I’m thankful to you for writing this article.

essay writing help on Friday, November 17, 2017 4:19 AM
I am so happy to peruse this. This is the sort of manual that should be given and not the arbitrary deception that is at alternate sites. Welcome your sharing thisbest doc.The author clearly describe each and every part of the article with good language and information.

leather biker jackets on Friday, November 17, 2017 4:20 AM
The rules and regulations can be followed for writers to making perfect writing documents. The writer can manage the each and every writing papers with wonderful quality and pick the important points from sources.

essay on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:34 AM
This is the sort of manual that should be given and not the arbitrary deception that is at alternate sites. Welcome your sharing thisbest doc.The author clearly describe each and every part of the article with good information.

karamba on Thursday, May 17, 2018 12:27 AM
It is the best portal to pay bills online within minutes without any complications. It avails maximum possible flexibility to users to complete their tasks in real quick time. Apart from bill payments it also avails most popular and reputed brands products to customers in affordable prices. PayTM came into existence in 2010.

olymptrade on Friday, May 18, 2018 3:06 AM
Make certain to send a manually written letter of gratitude to the show coordinators.

Iq option on Monday, May 21, 2018 1:50 AM
It is a definitive stage for the new age merchants who have an energy of profiting immediately with no hazard.

casino storspelare on Saturday, June 02, 2018 10:02 AM
I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site.

soccer scores on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:58 AM
Be that as it may, there was the considerable improvement of Cuju then for three fundamental angles including having a swelled ball, defining up the objective and richening the playing styles.

Lentils on Sunday, July 01, 2018 11:05 AM
Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site.

Benefits of Zucchini on Sunday, July 01, 2018 11:06 PM
It is the intent to provide valuable information and best practices, including an understanding of the regulatory process.

Benefits of Watermelon on Sunday, July 01, 2018 11:11 PM
I have read your article; it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.

Benefits of Broccoli on Sunday, July 01, 2018 11:16 PM
Excellent effort to make this blog more wonderful and attractive.

Benefits of Spirulina on Sunday, July 01, 2018 11:19 PM
Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this interesting and knowledgeable article.

1xbet on Thursday, July 05, 2018 12:26 PM
While a MLB strike zone should be as uniform as could reasonably be expected, each umpire utilizes his own particular understanding of the genuine measurements to call balls and strikes.